Virtual Member Coffee + Discussion Group
Time & Location
About The Event
This event is free and open to WACM members. RSVP required; we keep the group to 12 video participants or fewer.
Please RSVP via this event page. If you find an article relevant to the discussion, we encourage you to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for distribution to the group.
- How the Coronavirus Could Create a New Working Class?, The Atlantic;
- Review of Rebecca Henderson's book, "Reimagining Capitalism in a World on Fire," Kirkus;
- The Nordic Model: Pros and Cons, Investopedia;
- The Power of Picketty's 'Capital', The Nation;
- Why We're in a New Guilded Age, The New York Review of Books;
- Maine Voices: We need to form a global community to have national security, Portland Press Herald.
- What do you perceive as the main flaws of capitalism as currently practiced in the US?
- Will the pandemic result in a fundamental challenge to the power and influence of the “one percent”?
- How might the pandemic lead to changes in the role of government in the US? Will the power of the “working class” increase?
- Is the Scandinavian model admired by Bernie Sanders a useful model for the US?
The WACM Coffee and Discussion Group is an informal monthly gathering to chat about global topics of current interest in a small group setting. No quizzes, no competitions of knowledge - participate or just listen! This event is designed to engage everyone from the world affairs expert to the foreign affairs greenhorn.
- Sold OutVideo/Audio Participant$0$00$0